Why is that as soon as you become pregnant everybody thinks it’s fair game to share their birth horror stories with you?
But here’s the thing…birth doesn’t have to be like that!
Although everything might be feeling pretty overwhelming and daunting right now and you might be thinking ‘how the f*%k am I ever going to do this’ … you’ll find that investing in some awesome birth preparation & education classes can leave you feeling calm, relaxed and in control of your own birth experience! And that is pretty awesome!
I am not promising you a pain free, drug free birth…but I can totally promise you that I will work with you to help you feel empowered, informed, confident and that you are going to totally rock when it comes to the birth of your baby!
When you attend my birth preparation course you will receive;
- A modern and up-to-date birth preparation and hypnobirthing course
- A warm welcome, a comfy seat and lots of yummy snacks
- The Calm Birth Method Book by Suzy Ashworth to support what is learnt in the sessions and enable you to practice at home
- 6 Wonderful mp3s to support your practice at home (including a Birth Rehearsal and a Fear Release)
- Access to your own client area
- Lots of amazing birth affirmations to help you feel calm and confident about your birth
- Ongoing support from me; during classes and up the birth of your baby
- Support from the Facebook group
- Opportunity to meet up with fellow pregnant peeps!
What you and your birth partner can expect from each awesome class…
- The mind-body connection and how to birth confidently & without fear
- What those hormones are up to and the effect they have on birth
- How to use hypnosis in birth
- How to use relaxation, awesome breathing techniques and affirmations
- How your birthing body works
- Writing your birth plan and making your birth choices
- How to create your ideal birth enviroment
- Birthing techniques for labour and birth
- How to deal with the unexpected and remain calm, in control and focussed no matter what happens during the birth of your baby
- How a positive approach to birthing can make a huge difference
- How to be a kick ass birth team with your birth partner and how they can be an amazing support for you during birth
- Plus lots of practical techniques like positions for birth, simple massage and much more!
Group courses are usually small classes of 4-5 couples and run over 3 weeks. Each Mini Miracles Birth Preparation class is approximately 3 hours (allowing for chat, bathroom break and snack time!) and is the same day each week.
The classes are kept small so people feel they can talk and ask questions as we go along. It also means you have the opportunity to get to know the other couples and chat about how you are getting on with the course and home practice. That could be the start of some awesome friendships!
The earliest I would recommend that you start the Mini Miracles Birth Preparation sessions is after your 20 week scan to give you plenty of time to practice the tools and techniques before the birth.
But please don’t let that put you off if you are further along in your pregnancy, there is still plenty of time for you to attend the classes and practice the fab tools and techniques. Some couples actually prefer to start the course a bit later on in their pregnancy and closer to their ‘due date’ because they find that they feel more motivated and can really focus on the birth.
If you would like to attend the 3 week course but cannot attend one of the days, please do get in touch to see if we can either accommodate you on a different course day for that module or arrange a private 1-2-1 session (this will incur a small additional cost)
Private Group Courses
Private group courses are great for if you would like to get together with another couple, or couples, and have classes just for you and at a time that suits you all! Classes can be arranged for groups of 2 or more couples (no more than 4) and can be held either in your own home or I am happy to choose the venue.
As with the Group courses; the earliest I would recommend that you start the Mini Miracles Birth Preparation sessions is after your 20 week scan to give you plenty of time to practice the tools and techniques before the birth.
But please don’t let that put you off if you or any of the other couples are are further along in the pregnancy, there is still plenty of time to attend the classes and practice the fab tools and techniques. Some couples actually prefer to start the course a bit later on in their pregnancy and closer to their ‘due date’ because they find that they feel more motivated and can really focus on the birth.
Private 1-2-1 Courses
You may feel that group courses just don’t float your boat and that is where a Private 1-2-1 course could be the perfect option for you!
These courses are available for those who would prefer the privacy and focus of a 1-2-1 course and want the benefit of my undivided attention!
Not only will I be there for you for the classes (that’s a given!), you can also count on my support outside of the classes, however you need it…be it by phone, text or WhatsApp, email or for a meet up and a cuppa. I’m there for you in whatever capacity you need me!
So, not only will you receive the awesome benefits of the group courses
You will also receive;
- The flexibility to choose the times, dates and location of your preference (I will do my utmost to accommodate them – I am happy to come to your home, or for you to come to mine or even to attend a venue of your choosing. I’ll just need power, a place to sit and a cuppa!)
- A lovely goodie bag full of awesome gifts
- The opportunity to borrow from my ever growing library of pregnancy, birth and early parenting related books
- The hire of my birth pool ,if wanted and subject to its availability, for no extra cost (you will just need to purchase new liners)
- A refresher session to go through any areas you would like to explore again in a bit more detail
- A follow up session (if desired) to have a cuppa and a catch up
- Subscription to the awesome online Birthing4Blokes programme for Dad’s for the entirety of the Birthing Programme
- The same passion and level of enthusiasm as every other client I work with – whether it be in a group or private course setting!
In addition to all the above, you may have a particular concern or area you would like to focus on during the course and that is where a Private 1-2-1 course may also benefit you; you can have more control over the sessions and what you would like to discuss! A Private course can be beneficial for those who would like to specifically focus on and gain more information on;
- VBAC (vaginal birth after Caesarean)
- Breech babies
- Caesarean section
- Birthing the Placenta
- Lotus Birth
After all, we want to make sure you have the information, resources, tools and techniques you will need to have the right birth for you on the day!
If it all sounds pretty awesome to you and you would like to find out more or would like to book your private course, please do contact me with your queries or to request a booking form.
Group course; £220 (this includes a spot for you and your birth partner)
Private hypnobirthing course; £290 per couple (evening)
Private hypnobirthing course; £250 per couple (daytime)
Saturday workshops; £220 per couple
Intensive workshop (privately taught); £150 per couple
A £50 non-refundable deposit is required when you book your place. Your place on one of the courses will be confirmed once deposit payment has been received.
If you would like to attend a course but feel cost is an issue, please do get in contact to discuss payment plan options.
*Group course – 3x 3 hour sessions – 6:00-9:00pm
*Private course – 3x 3 hour sessions – at a time and location to suit you
*Saturday workshops – 2x 5 hour sessions – 10am-3pm
*Intensive workshop (privately taught) – 1x 3 hour session
*Mon, Tues, Thurs or Fri daytime – 10am – 2pm
*Tues, Thurs or Fri evening – 5pm, 6pm or 7pm start (whatever time suits you)